Michael couldn’t wait to take down the aluminum cover! These are photos of them tearing up our patio and installing the stamped concrete!
and.. it’s ALL COMING DOWN. We broke ground the first week of March! We spent January and February meeting with architects and designers to finalize our floor plan. We played around with several different ideas, but we finally agreed on the following:
1. Make this home an open concept; we tore down the walls that separated the kitchen from the living room and dining
2. Raise the ceiling 18 inches
3. This home was initially a 4 bedroom and 2.5 bath. The bathroom configuration was 1 master bath, 1 full bath with a double sink and shower, and 1 0.5 bath in the hall way. We demolished the 0.5 bath since it was so small and gave some of that space to a hallway and built a utility room. We took the 1 full bath with a double sink and split it half, stole some square footage from the other rooms so that we could make 2 full private baths and full walk in closets for each of the guest rooms. We couldn’t be happier with the result!
4. Change our Master bathroom; create a walk in closet, add a bath and shower, close up 1 of the doors to the mater bath and need i say add a rain shower??
5. Demolish the old patio and take down the aluminum cover; replace with stamped concrete (and hopefully a pergola some day!)